Monday, January 25, 2010

Great Moments in Retail 1.02

A customer comes walking down the cabernet aisle pushing a cart. He already has several bottles of wine and is perusing our selection.  Always looking to be friendly and helpful, I address the customer.

"Sir, can I help you with a wine selection, or is there anything I can help you find?"

"No, thanks I'll just look around, I think I'm doing a pretty good job."

"All right, thanks for coming in today, let me know if I can be of assistance..."

I glance in his basket. Well, he thinks he's doing a pretty good job. I see nothing but nationally advertised brands of the standard Franco-Californian varietals. Not that there's anything wrong with that... BUT the customer could be doing so much better. Generic canned chicken noodle soup will sustain, but does it have the soul to cure a cold?




Good wine shops are chock full of regional wines from around the world that bring soul to the table, many times for less money than the generics.

And good wine guys and gals, aka 'Flavor Junkies' are in the good wine shops to share those wines which can help to cure the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment